Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holy Spirit Filled my Eyes

"For we live by believing and not by seeing" 2 Corinthians 5:7

This is the verse that was delivered to millions of people's email boxes this morning from Air 1's Verse of the Day email that goes out to subscribers. If you do not already get the verse of the day, please sign up for it on there website, which I will link to at the end of this, because every day that I read the verse it is like God is giving me my morning pep talk. 

You may have read this scripture a thousand times, or heard your Pastor share it when referencing to difference teachings on seeing and believing. Today I saw this scripture in a whole new light and felt the Holy Spirit leading me to share it here for others to "see" what I was just shown in the spirit.

The first part, for we live, meaning we are alive, living, breathing, and brain functioning. That seems simple, for we live...then here comes the tricky part "by believing" and in other versions it can translated to mean by faith. When we believe in something, we put all our being into it and know with every part of ourselves that it IS. For example if you leave your car in the parking lot and you go inside the store and someone asks you, "Do you have a car?" Of course you would say, "Yes" How do you know it is still out there for sure? Well you believe that it is out there because you know that is how you got to the store in the first place, and you have the keys, so you believe without a doubt that it is parked outside right where you left it. With God we see everything around us showing He has put us here, and we have the key which is the Bible so there is no doubt God exists. 

For the last part of this scripture it says, "not by seeing", therefore seeing means sight or vision. The spirit wants us to know within our hearts the Lord is there, God is there, the Bible is there without the sights of this world poisoning our beliefs or faith. This scripture is great to share with people first coming to Christ because a lot of us had the hardest time trying to understand how others could have such strong faith in someone or something they could not physically see. This scripture now has a different meaning for me as I have been on my walk with God. Of course our Daddy, our God wants us to believe in Him even if He is not in physically form, but He also wants our faith to be so strong that to us we have seen God in all forms. We are to believe so strongly that no sights are set on anything in this world and are to only be set on Him and Jesus Christ.

We can pray for this daily:

"God, I come to you through your son Jesus Christ, I want my eyes to be only on you Father. I may live among billions of people, but I want to be the difference in this world, for you God. I have all my faith in You Lord God and only You, therefore my eyes see You for everything You are. My sight is filled with Your greatness, Your holiness, and Your loving vision. I honor You with my eyes everyday Father. Thank You for your forgiveness, greatness, and gifts of vision." AMEN






Air 1 Verse of the Day email sign up: http://www.air1.com/Faith/VerseOfTheDay/

0 comments:

Post a Comment