Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trusting in Him


Well here I am pondering on another scripture dear to my heart. Tonight it is:

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid." Isaiah 12:2

Seems pretty simple we go to church, trust in God, and pray before bed... That sounds all so normal and average among ourselves and our Christian friends, but it is not the answer or what is going to lead us to a life of freedom. Some people just figure if they just say they trust in God then obviously they are trusting in God, but that is not the deal. Just because you say you are going outside and you have your shoes on, does NOT mean you are going outside. You actually have to get up and walk with your two feet and go outside. So must of us have our Bibles and say we trust in God and then we never actually move. WHY? Well because you are not actually trusting in God! That's why.

When you fell and got a "boo boo" you may have called for your mom and she would come running to bandage you up. God just wants us to call on Him and actually mean it! He doesn't want you to say, "God please help me, my husband has disappointed me so many times I need to divorce him and I just need You Lord to make this easy". Well guess what mistake number 1 was to get a divorce as the easy way out, mistake number 2 was to ask God for help and not really want help because you just told Him what you wanted Him to do for you. If you really wanted God's help you don't tell Him what to do to make things easy on you, ASK for His guidance. Think about that one, we need to ASK for His guidance and seek His wisdom to fill us so we make the right decisions and choices according to His word. God is not going to tell you what you want to hear and that is why we do not trust in God, we pray for things we want or think we need and then move in the direction WE want. 

See God doesn't want you to pray selfishly, He wants you to think according to HIS Word! There is the A-HA moment I had when I realized this and this is what I said to myself, "Wait, have I honestly been so selfish to ask God for what I want or think I need and then just move in the direction I want to go? Okay wait seriously....I tell God what I want then move in the direction to get it?! YES that's exactly what I do....am I even giving God a chance to answer or work in my life?!" 

That is the dialogue that actually happened in my head, and then I immediately apologized for my selfish ways. We need to trust in God, that our Father, our Papa knows best for us. We need to pray for wisdom and guidance instead of asking Him to give us this or that. Saying please God I need this job is great, but in God's plan that job is not where you need to be. Yes, you may be in need of a job and money, but you are not even trusting in God to provide and open up the opportunity that you are meant to be in. Trust in Him, seek His wisdom, ask for His guidance, and listen! Do not just move towards the answers you want from your prayers, wait on His path to open up for you...

Let's pray:

"In Jesus name I come to You God and I want to thank You for listening to all of my selfish requests and prayers. Thank You for continuing to listen to me even though I do not listen to You. Lord God You are the perfect Father, yet I have not respected Your Word. I am sorry God and I want to be humbled in your presence, seeking your wisdom, and honoring your word. You are the beginning and the end, therefore everything I do in between is YOURS. Forgive me today God and please let me always seek your guidance and heart before I ever look at my own flesh. Thank You God, in Jesus name, AMEN."

0 comments:

Post a Comment